So, the alternator worked loose again. The belt flopped around and caused the bolt for the bracket to shear off in the block.
So I did the weld-a-nut trick and it worked pretty well. I learned that you need to turn the welder all the way up to max. The block is to big of a heat sink and it wouldn't get any penetration into the broken shaft. Once I turned it up to 'D' (on the 12th try), it worked perfectly.
You will notice that I have a piece of welding cloth. I would consider that essential to prevent your grease caked flammable harness from catching fire.
I bolted on my last bracket, tightened everything up and I'm back on the road. I also learned that a 5/16 fender washer perfectly matches both the bolt size and the bushing diameter. It helped shore up the rubber a bit and compress everything nicely.