So, I got the extended studs put in, the 35MM spacers and the Tethys mounted. Along the way I also replaced the parking brake cables (which were stretched to death by the previous owner) and rebuilt the drivers seat. Went to start the car and it started fine - then died. After much ado, I ended up tracking it down to the main fuel pump not running consistently. Turns out it was the little single blade connector under the back seat was just making intermittent contact. its the little yellow wire. Sometimes its the simple things that get you. Along the way I also found the rear floor plug loose. I was wondering why the carpets were wet. Mystery solved. Some SEM prep and a little RTV and no more wet carpet.